Since we haven’t been able to enjoy summer field trips, we are doing a variation of the traditional ‘Share the Wealth’ program for the September 2 meeting at 7 PM. We’ll meet by Zoom, and will view several short video presentations of species profiles (hairstreaks and a skipper) that Dave Nunallee has given at past meetings, and that Al Wagar has recorded. Dave will be on hand to answer questions.
We’re still figuring out how to use Zoom, but here are a few guidelines for the meeting:
- The usual meeting announcements and business will occur after the speaker presentation. If you want to participate, just stay in the Zoom meeting when the speaker’s presentation has concluded.
- Participants will be automatically muted when entering the meeting and for the presentation, but feel free to unmute for the informal meeting afterwards.
- The meeting will be recorded. If participants choose to use video (instead of just audio) and choose to speak, their video image will be recorded.
- This meeting will utilize short videos, and Dave will be available after each video to answer questions. If you have a question, please submit it using the Chat function, and the moderator will summarize the questions for Dave to answer at the pauses between the videos.
- You may need to adjust the volume as we toggle between the prepared video and the interactive portion of the meeting. You may want to have head phones or ear buds handy. Just a heads-up.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.