“Five Summer Stories: Seeking Out the Butterflies & Moths of Wallowa County”
On Saturday night after dinner, Dana Ross will discuss his personal experiences and discoveries in the area.
1. Zumwalt Prairie – My participation in a grazing study (2007-2008);
2. The Imnaha River Canyon – Butterfly & moth sampling (2 visits);
3. Summit Ridge & Hat Point Lookout – Butterfly & moth sampling (also 2 visits);
4. Mt Howard – A first look. With June & Floyd Preston and photographer John Anderson.
5. Shangri-La Revisited – Presenting what I discover during the days just prior to the talk.