Introduction to Butterflies in the Methow with Cheryl Bellin, Tuesday, March 23rd, 9 AM, register here.
Hosted by Methow At Home
“Add some color to your day, join Cheryl Bellin for an introduction to Butterflies of the Methow. She’s a lifelong butterflier, a Washington Butterfly Association board member and contributor to the Washington Butterfly database project led by Jonathan Pelham.
We will review butterfly families and their characteristics using photographs from her garden, nearby trails, and roadsides. Local butterflies, their host plants, and habitats will then be discussed to aid your seeing and recognizing these beauties come spring.”
Trying to generate interest, awareness locally for butterflies. I’ll present an introduction to butterflies and feature those spring fliers that have yet to show themselves!
Study Weekend POSTPONED until July 2022 (Dayton and the Blue Mountains)
Summer Butterflying in the Era of Covid 2020
- 4/21 at 6 pm – Food Plant Guilds with Jonathan Pelham
- 4/7 at 7 pm – “Stripes, bands, and blotches – Oh My”
- 3/23 at 9 am – Butterflies in the Methow with Cheryl Bellin
- 3/17 Zoom Meeting at 6 pm – David Jennings: Bumble Bees of Washington State
- 3/3 – Seattle Meeting 7 pm – Dr Susan Waters “Pollinators, Native Prairies, and Conservation”
- 2/17 – Spokane Meeting 6 pm – Wool Carder Bees with Dr. Gary Chang
- A Word from Our WBA President
- 2/3 – Seattle Meeting 7 pm – ‘Butterfly Biology: Anatomy and Phylogeny’ with Jon Pelham
- 1/20 – Spokane Meeting 6 pm – David Droppers “Butterflies of the Deep, Dark Woods”
- 2/25 – Seattle Audubon Butterfly Gardening Class with David Droppers – 7-8:30 pm