The Washington Butterfly Association (WBA) proudly announces three scholarships to send young nature enthusiasts, age 10 – 17 years, plus a parent or guardian for each, to the WBA 2019 Butterfly Study Weekend. This year’s event will take place June 28 – 30, 2019 in Colville, Wa., with field trips into nearby habitats. These scholarships are funded by the estate of Idie Ulsh, founder of WBA. Each scholarship covers a student and one accompanying parent, guardian, or appointed adult, and includes:
• A day and a half of field trips led by knowledgeable members.
• Accommodations for Friday and Saturday nights.
• Round-trip mileage from winner’s home town to Colville, Wa. at $0.30 per mile.
• Friday evening rendezvous with camaraderie, light refreshments, and a review of what we might see on field trips.
• Saturday evening banquet with keynote speaker on a topic related to butterflies.
• Sack lunches for Saturday and Sunday field trips.
• Registration for the event.
• One year WBA membership.
Note that once a winner has been selected, a $100 earnest-money deposit is required, which will be returned, along with the travel allowance, when winner and accompanying adult arrive at the conference. Application is available at:
Poster about scholarship – – please share!